Log Entry for October the 1st 2013
The Upgrade of 1 week ago today should, once some glitches are sorted, provide a more stable experience. At the moment however that is not the case.
I am finding the 64 bit client very slow to get to the login screen and after a crash/disconnect significantly slower still, the later could be a feature to prevent an attempted re-log whilst still logged in but I do no not think so.
Initially I had a few graphics issues with some objects having no colour assigned to them at certain angles, I upgraded my graphics drivers to the latest version which reduced this slightly but not completely.
I tried hunting some Halix as this was inexpensive and losses due to connection issues etc. would not amount to much. One odd feature was that once locked onto a target and heading to it at some point the avatar would turn around, check what was behind and then turn back to attack, quite amusing.
I have experienced several connection losses, an error box appears, telling me the connection has been lost and the image becomes monochrome. There have also been a few crashes with no explanation given.
In game lag has increased, at one point writing a PM was painful as typed characters were not being echoed to the screen for some seconds.
These are all fairly normal after an upgrade and MA usually gets them sorted out with a few patches soon after implementation, this time it seems to be taking a little longer, I suspect this is due to the change to a 64bit client. Certainly the initial upgrade took longer than planned, I’m sure this was a very stressful time for the developers and I hope they get to go and party soon.
After a couple of days I also tried some Huon and some Teladon with mixed results, Things seemed quite stable during the Huon hunt but less so when hunting Teladon, with at least 2 disconnects of some kind.
I headed into space to check out the Pathfinder, some nice features have been implemented there, see the Log Entry. I am currently still aboard.
Whilst this reads like a list of moans it is not intended to be, it is merely a list of issues I have encountered. I understand that these things take time and that although testing is done it cannot realistically simulate the load on the servers or the many different platform set-ups that the clients run on out in the big wide world. I’m sure that once the initial issues are resolved a far more stable and responsive platform will be available to all.